SouthSide Village is a pet- friendly neighborhood. In fact, walking a dog around the community is an extremely fast way to meet a lot of your neighbors!
To keep everyone safe and assure our furry friends’ needs are being met, we rely on our Rules and Regulations which can be found on the “About Us” page on this site.
Please follow SSV’s community approach towards pets to keep us all safe and happy.
- All pets must live within the heated area of a townhome.
- Owners are permitted to house within their townhome a maximum of one of the following: 2 dogs or 2 cats or 1 dog and 1 cat.
- Tropical fish, goldfish, parrots, parakeets and canaries and other such pets that live inside the Living Unit are also permitted.
- Farm animals are not allowed.
- All pets within SSV are subject to the Buncombe County leash law. No pet may roam on Common Elements and/or Limited Common Elements without a proper leash at all times and under the control of the pet owner. Staking a pet on an unattended leash is not permitted.
- No pet may be left unattended on any deck, porch or yard. Owner supervision is required at all times.
- Solid waste from pets must be picked up immediately by the Owner of the pet and disposed of in a trash receptacle in the Owner’s garage.